Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'm all about the modern, yo

I interrupt this week's regularly scheduled Tuesday Morning Quarterback post for a rebuttal of sorts to my fellow HBFFL owners who seem to think I live under a rock. To wit, this past week our esteemed leader Chris, who indicated that I used smoke signals to catch live NFL games and then later LOBO, in a comment on one of Renal Failure's posts, indicated that I use a transistor radio.

I would like to dispel those myths by showing you what I actually use to catch live NFL games:

P1010248

It's been around since the last century, the latter part of the century unlike LOBO's suggestion of a transistor radio which was much earlier, and a century after the 19th unlike Chris's suggestion of smoke signals. True, I haven't caught up to the 21st century yet, but one day I will get there...

Mount up
via fixedgear on Flickr


4 comments:

Shieldmaiden96 said...

You forgot to mention that radio also has an optional solar panel, if you don't feel like cranking. And the sun happens to be out.

LOBO said...

Don't get discouraged.

-With some hard work and shrewd budgeting, you'll have a transistor radio in no time.

I believe in you.

nonamedufus said...

I liked the idea of smoke signals. Besides, you didn't want to "hear" or "see" your Phillies get smoked did you?

Anonymous said...

Shieldmaiden96, that's my lovely wife, folks...

Lobo: I'll keep hope alive.

Noname: Not my Phillies...I'm a Yankees fan, like that's any better right now :(.