Friday, October 7, 2011

Winning is for Closers

Last week my team was like Dave Moss and Shelley Levene in Glengarry Glen Ross.

They complained about the weakness of the matchups.

"The matchups are weak? Fucking matchups are weak? You're weak." I retorted.

It was not a pleasant day in Purple Drank's locker room Monday after the humiliating loss to Renal Failure 137-76. Players were called out. The riot act was read. Terrell Owens even cried.


It does not get better with a matchup this week against Lobo's mighty 4-0 Predator Press team either.

He goes into this contest with no bye issues to speak of and a healthy Arian Foster too.

Mom's Basement predicts a blowout from the start:


And steak knives are not second prize. Being mired in the middle of a potential 3-2 clump of teams scrapping for a playoff spot is.

Am I worried? No way. My Purple Drank squad is still a high-scoring unit despite what the basement prognosticators say. And my team is pissed off and angry. They do not like being shown up.

What does this mean for Lobo?


Bad news!

2 comments:

LOBO said...

"Bad News?" Isn't that what you told RF last week?

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

I'm either quoting Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride, or Mark from Multiple Scorgasms. I can't remember -and as it tuns out, my Spanish is woefully inadequate.

But I'm working on it ... after recently learning the translation for "Tight End," I enrolled in a night class.

-Spanish is cool.

Chris C said...

In 2009 I said it every week but I lost six times. If this were Hollywood I would say that and win every time. :)