Wednesday, October 26, 2011

To The Victor Goes The Spoils

by nonamedufus

Yeah, that's me. They don't call me Mr. Tibbs. They call me noname "victor" dufus. In week 7 your humble fantasy fanatic squeaked by Future Ex-Cons 104-90. It's not the biggest margin for a win. But it's a win nonetheless.

nonames' QB, Mr. Rodgers, had another wonderful day in the neighbourhood, racking up 35 fantasy points. Why was the win so narrow? Seems FE-C had a running back named Adrian Peterson who garnered 28 points. That was a close one, Troi. Good effort, guy.

With our win nonames moves into 3rd spot in the HBFFL. That's right. This fantasy noname neophyte has slipped into 3rd place folks, with a record of 5-2-0.

Well, last week, when I was in 4th spot, I was telling Bourbon Blasters, Predator Press and Purple Drank to start looking over their shoulders. Guys? One down. Two to go. Bourbon Blasters lost to my Penn State pal Unfinished Person. Thanks, UP.

So much for the "victor" part. Now let me tell you how week 8 may well be spoiled.

It'll be a miracle if I move out of 3rd spot in week 8, unless it's down, because Mr. Rodgers, a Running Back, my 2 Kickers and my Defence are all on byes.

Damn, fame can be fleeting. Sometimes fantasy football sucks.

Bourbon Blasters goes down for the count at the hands of the nonames.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No problem, my Canadian friend...well, it was no problem, thanks to DeMarco Murray. I'll continue to try to help you. Let me just know the time and the place.

nonamedufus said...

Week 8 would be a good time. I'm gonna suck.

Anonymous said...

That might be above my payscale. :P

Chris C said...

You'll be looking up at me for at least the next two weeks, most likely longer. Possibly the entire second half of the season.

nonamedufus said...

*puts hands over ears* la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...

(hahaha...my word verification is sumbile)