Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday Morning QB: Just One Move

Welcome to Tuesday Morning Quarterback, where I take a look back at what I (and sometimes others) would have (could have/should have) done differently with my (their) fantasy football teams for that previous week's games.

As for the others in this league, with three out of the four other games decided by 50-point margins and one decided by 10 points with a manager who had no one on the bench who did any better, there is nothing they could have done differently to avoid being royally screwed.


Give Up?
What I found via Flickr (thefixer) when I looked up "royally screwed"
for an image to use and seems to fit so well except the part about "never give up."


With the game between me and Bald Spots being decided by only one point, with me being the frog in this case, to the tune of 82-81, I basically had just one move I could have played differently that would have made me the snake...

...I could have played Denver running back Willis McGahee, who had 22 carries for 52 yards and three catches for two yards and a touchdown against Tennessee, for 11 points over Detroit running back Jahvid Best, who had 12 carries for 14 yards but redeemed himself in the receiving category with five receptions for 74 yards, for eight points.

Sure, it only would have been a two-point win, 84-82, but at least, it would have been in my favor.

If you had to make just one move different on your fantasy football team's starting lineup this week, what move would YOU have made?

2 comments:

Chris C said...

Yeah I would not have made the boneheaded move of playing Cam Newton over Schaub in my other league. I am 0-3 over there and can't afford to make many mistakes, especially ones that cost me a valuable win. Lame sucka lame.

LOBO said...

Despite the inevitable bad Karma, I'm going to point out I beat MS by 60-ish points in spite of Kenny Britt layin a goose egg. I even got the "Biggest Blowout" award thingy.

But without Britt, my season looks like crap.

So, Karma -if in fact that's your real name- I'm "payin it forward": Do you hear me Karma? Fuck you, asshole ... !