Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday Afternoon QB: Where I exact my revenge on La Machine and get ready to do the same on Renal Failure next week

As promised a little while ago, I would exact my revenge on Chris Cameron and his La Machine team and so I have as this past weekend, I defeated them 93-86. Admittedly, it wasn't as good as the 138-63 thrashing he put on me back in Week 5. But a win is still a win...and while I'll be playing in the first round of the playoffs next week, Chris will be watching from the sidelines.

Admittedly, though, the view from the sidelines anymore isn't that bad when you have female reporters like this:




or this:





*******

Chris and I both had five players in double figures, but the difference was this guy:

Nope, not as pretty as the view from the sidelines, but still a thing of beauty to behold when he's on his game as he was this past Sunday.

Branch amassed 26 fantasy points as he had eight receptions for a career-high 151 yards, including a 59-yard strike at the end of the first half in a 36-7 dismantling of the Bears.

Chris had no players who hit the 20-point mark, although LeSean "Shady" McCoy came close with 19 points as he had 149 yards on 16 carries, but no touchdowns thankfully.


******

In the first round of the playoffs, in both this league and another league, the FTWL started by LOBO of Predator Press, I face the same opponent: Renal Failure. Like Chris, RF already has beaten me once in week 9 but by a much closer margin of 132-112. So once again, I will be out to exact my revenge.

Vengeance will be sweet like this:



Next week the back of the shirt will read "Unfinished Fucking Ramblers"!


4 comments:

Chris C said...

Just be glad I didn't go with Shaub or I would have won. But it would have been academic anyway as I could not have beaten the tiebreaker of PF to make the postseason.

But I'm still the defending champion for two more weeks. :)

Unfinished Rambler said...

Wait, you won last year? As much as he talks about last year, I thought it was Renal Failure ;).

renalfailure said...

Hey, if you started last year 9-0 and started this year 2-5, you'd spend a lot of time talking about that previous year too.

Unfinished Rambler said...

I just talk a lot, period, so I don't know what you're talking about. :)