Monday, September 21, 2009

week 2 haiku

Something a little different this week – bringing together two of my greatest loves: NFL football and the Japanese poetry style know as haiku.

 

My Buffalo Bills.

Fred Jackson had a big day,

Marshawn no weapon.

 

Saints go marching on,

Soar like Eagles on the Brees,

The air apparent?

 

Seriously? Huh?

What the hell is going on?

Certainly you Jest?

(J! E! S! T! JEST! JEST! JEST!)

 

Cured the hangover?

Warner shines with ninety plus.

Completions not age.

 

Seattle Gored,

Hasselbeck gets McNabbed,

San Fran not so gay.

 

Jay Cutler redeems,

Well, what can Browns do for you?

Make your team look good.

 

They might be Giants.

Manning to Manningham – huh?

Might get confusing.

 

Manning on Monday,

Tie the franchise win record?

Bet your Unitass!

 

Week two is now done,

For the Ramblers anyway,

In short … be afraid.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you know how I said earlier that I wasn't angry at you...

...I take that back now that you kicked my ass...

Bitch. ;)

renalfailure said...

Hey Marxist Ducky!
Monday Haikus? No no no.
They are for Fridays.