Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Rubbing Salt In The Wound - Thanks Yahoo

This photo has nothing to do with football but everything to do with my fantasy.


"nonames scored 71 points against a projected 85.50 and underachieved for the fourth time this season, including the last three weeks in a row."

As if I needed to read that comment. Yeah, nonames lost last week and slipped into the netherlands of 7th place. That's what happens when you plug in Brandon Jacobs on Saturday and he's "O" just before game time Monday. There's no way to replace him at that late date. All possible replacement players are on the Waiver Wire and only available on October 23. What good is that for crying out loud?

But then I've always been an under-achiever. I failed Grade 9 and it's been all down hill since then. I dropped out of school. Hung out with the wrong crowd. Ended up in the big house. No really, after I got my life together I bought a big house. What did you think I meant?

My man Rodgers racked up 28 points but it wasn't enough. Going into Monday night's game I needed 26 points to beat Delusions of Adequacy. With Jacobs out all I had left was WR Victor Cruz. Cruz, in a NYG win, only came up with 5 fantasy points.

So here we sit, three spots below last week when we were in 4th position. This week I'm up against my old nemesis Renal Failure who currently sits in the #2 spot. Like the man says, please be kind RF.



9 comments:

LOBO said...

If you think about it, hanging out with me probably elevated your status, -reversed like a weird Canadian "Coriolis Effect."

You're welcome.

But don't give up, J! Just look at the Preds: a mere few weeks ago, I had to spend countless hours rebuilding them due to injuries, and ...

... o wait ...

Agent 54 said...

I don't bother playing Fantasy Football. I get enough wrong in my life without that.

nonamedufus said...

Michael: Thanks for that. By the way I failed physics in high school. I don't seem to have done much better with fantasy football

nonamedufus said...

Timothy: But fantasy football would help bring things full circle, don't you think?

LOBO said...

Timothy, please preach to us more on how you don't squander your vast and highly-combustible wealth while I grab a pencil.

LOBO said...

And you know what, Chris?

**** you and this anti-cursing rule. This is ****ing ****ed, and I don't need this ****ing ***.

So go **** you and your ****ing ****-stick ****-wad ****, **** you ****ing piece of ****

But good luck this week: those "Bald Spots" are tough cookies!

:)

LOBO said...

(As I assume Chris and Timothy are the same person, does Chris get wealthier?)

nonamedufus said...

Um, Mike? They're not the same ****ing person.

LOBO said...

Oops.

I was wondering when Chris became such a snappy dresser.