Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Go Green



No, not that Green. I've about given up on them. MVP Quarterback and all that hype. I'm talkin' about my man A.J.

This one's for you dufus.

The Cincinnati WR racked up 32 fantasy points for me last week a little more than the 10 he was projected to obtain.

Oh and I was playing the very modest and quiet spoken Renal Failure in Week 3. Who won? The nonames 84-68. Stick that up your skinny ass People's Champion and blow it! But I should thank you too. After playing you I'm finally on the positive side of the ledger with a win and a record of 1-2-0. Same as you dude. There are four of us carrying this record after week 3. I like to think we're all tied for 6th spot. Like to. But after points for/against are factored in looks like I'm in 9th spot.

By the way, kudos to Unfinished Person who after three weeks has a perfect record in 1st spot. Well, done. Now start losing, will ya!

Speaking of losing my beloved Packers have the same record as I do. 1-2-0 after their controversial loss to the Seahawks. And Monday night Evelyn, my dear MVP Quarterback and his 12 measly fantasy points, the victim of 8 sacks in the first half, spent more time on his back than those watchya call 'em? Ladies of the evening is it?

At least I didn't have to pay Rodgers. Although, I guess I am paying for it. (See what I did there.)

Oh well, onward and upward. Upward especially eh Evelyn?




7 comments:

Unfinished Person said...

Whoa. Looks like you've made a friend in RF with your comment there. ;)

Way to go mean, my man. It's about time you Canadians quit being so damned polite. :)

LOBO said...

There's a handful of terrifyingly good teams that are still trying to fire their engines this year. Nonames has one of them.

-I'll bet in three weeks this will be a whole new battlefield.

nonamedufus said...

UP: Oops, I'm so sorry.

nonamedufus said...

LOBO: I can only hope so. I wonder if the ref situation is affecting fantasy football? That last minute touchdown Monday night was a god-awful call.

renalfailure said...

We have Week 12 circled on the People's Calendar for our rematch. In the HBFFL, revenge is always Renal Failure's.

LOBO said...

noname: It has to be. Vegas has been making adjustments to their odds to accommodate uncharacteristically large scoring games.

I read an article claiming the bad Seattle/Green Bay call caused $300M in payouts.

Chris C said...

It is affecting fantasy to a point. Defensive players are covering recievers a lot tighter.

But I think defenses are clamping down on certain top offenses and players. And unlike last season, they had a full off-season to prepare.

What we are seeing is the result of a more passing ended NFL, but it is more of the second tier QB's shredding up second tier teams than the elite QB's tearing it up. Or shredding up teams that are not as well coached.

Coaching does make a difference.